CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Holy shit.

Holyshitholyshitolyshitolyshit...

Baby E slept eight hours last night. It only took us seven weeks to get to this point -- though I say "only" as though seven weeks' worth of sleepless, up-til-5 a.m.-screaming nights were absolutely nothing. They weren't. Those nights sucked, and still suck, because I'm sure we're still going to have them. But I haven't had a night of eight hours of sleep since I was probably about five months pregnant. This is huge, people. HUGE.

It wasn't eight hours uninterrupted, but she only woke up twice for boob call, and even then, she ate and went back to sleep. I'm really not sure how it happened, but it happened, and I'm in such a state of euphoria today that I'm actually cleaning the house. I haven't cleaned the house like this since I was on nesting overdrive. It's amazing.

AND... AND!!!... she stayed asleep in her crib for a two-hour nap. Jesus Christ. I don't know what I did to make the Mommy Karma Gods so happy, but I'm banking on it like you have no idea. I'm working to transition her into her crib from our bed. Baby E has spent every night in bed with us since she came home from the hospital. I love the closeness of cosleeping, but I also miss snuggling with A at night (though we manage a three-way mommy sandwich type spoon, which makes me happier than you know), and I also miss having sex at night as opposed to the "Quick, she's asleep in the swing, I'll grab the lube, get your pants off. NOW, DAMNIT! GO GO GO!!!" We used to have spur-of-the moment, throw-me-on-the-bed, let's go kind of sex because it was spontaneous and hot. Now it's like that because we know we have roughly seven minutes before she wakes up.

You may or may not have wanted to know that last part, but I'm just so damn happy that I got a real night's worth of sleep that I don't care either way. It's not like it would surprise you to learn that I have sex.

Maybe I'll get myself a glass of wine and finally start on that scrapbooking I've been meaning to do. I don't know. The world is my oyster today.

3 comments:

Erica Kain said...

OK, if we don't get eight hours of sleep when Baby V is seven weeks old (10 days and counting...) I'm going to be VERY mad and VERY jealous.

Also, as for your mole, maybe you already know this, but pregnancy makes your moles craaazy! Your moles just love pregnancy, and they go on a crazy mole dance and you get fancy skin tags and nutso garbage all over your skin. So yeah, go see a dermatologist to assuage your fears, but it's probably just your mole having a pregnancy party.

Erica Kain said...

And because I'm bitter about all the sleep you got, I'll also say this... My kid's hair can beat up your kid's hair.

EmilyTheGood said...

i'm glad things are getting better for you. i knew they would!