CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Five months and 14 days...

...That's how long I've got to train.

Anyone who knows me knows if there's one thing I am, it's ambitious. I never had much of a chance to create a "bucket list" after college because, as we all know, nine days after I graduated college I got pregnant with the Punky, and suddenly my whole world was about being pregnant. So I never really got to think about what I wanted to do with my life, what I wanted to accomplish. I mean, sure, get a good job, get married, become a mom... okay, as Meatloaf says, two outta three ain't bad. But the other things -- bungee jump, dive off a cliff in Hawaii, that kinda thing.

I always wanted to run a marathon. I ran track in high school, and was athletic through high school and college. It crossed my mind a few times in the past, but I never set an actual goal. Then this weekend we hung out with A's brother and his girlfriend, and she just casually mentioned, "Oh, I ran a half-marathon today." Like, Homegirl just got up and decided to run 13.1 miles yesterday. Like, what the hell, man?

So I have decided, you know what, why not me? And so my goal is set. On October 18, 2008 -- eight months and three days after giving birth to the Punky -- I am going to run in the Indianapolis Half Marathon. (Yeah, half, give me a break, baby steps, folks.) Now that I've said it on my blog, it must be done. Yep. Gonna do it. Watch me.



That being said, anyone got any good running music to suggest for the ol' iPod?

1 comments:

Erica Kain said...

That's awesome! Do you put The P in a jogging stroller or do you venture out on your own to train?