CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tax dollars hard at work.

(Note: Addresses have obviously been changed, but are the same level of similarity to the real addresses used.)

*pounding on the door -- dog barks, napping baby wakes up, annoyed How2 trudges to the door, pissed that her morning nap has been abruptly ended. Police officer standing on the front step.*

How2: *opens door* Hi...
Officer: Yeah, we had a 911 hang-up from this address.
How2: I don't think that's possible, we don't have a land line, and I haven't made any phone calls on my cell phone yet today.
Officer: This is 4010 Helen Avenue, right?
How2: No, this is 4012 Hannah Avenue. Helen is the next street up.
Officer: There's no 4010 on this street. [Ed. note: Our house is 4012, the next house over is 4008. There is no 4010, that's correct.]
How2: Right. This is 4012 HANNAH.
Officer: *looking at me like I'm lying to him* You're sure?
How2: *looks at 4012 address numbers on front of the house* Yep.
Officer: *wanders back to his car*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FWPD hard at work.

Anonymous said...

That was from me :)

Anonymous said...

There are 4 cop cars in front of my house right now. Just call me the neighborhood spy lady because I will be looking outside until they leave.