CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ever wonder what the inside of a belly button looks like?

If pregnancy is good for anything, it's for turning yourself into a human science experiment. I'm one of the lucky pregos in that my belly button hasn't popped out. Rather, it's totally flattened itself out as it stretched.



That's a big rotund belly at 34 weeks. If you look just above the belly button, you can see the stretched out, disgusting gaping hole that was where my belly ring once was. Yeah, you don't think about things like this when you're 14 and getting your belly-button pierced is the coolest and most unique thing in the world (which it was, back when I was 14). Yeah, it's stretched out and kinda nasty now.

Oh yeah, and not a single stretch mark on my alabaster tummy. Just wanted to rub that in my fellow pregos' faces. :)

Okay, I'm done grossing you out for today.

4 comments:

Ali said...

In enthusiasm for a friend's pregnancy, I hopped online and did a bit of reading up. The science experiment part of things that the articles talked about did little to entice me to undergo my own pregnancy adventure. I leave that to those braver than I.

As long as you don't start talking about mucus plugs and such (with pictures included) I think I'll be okay on the gross-out front :)

Cookie said...

Hmmm... How'd you manage the no stretch marks? Any sort of skin care regimen, or are you just lucky?

How2In6 said...

I sporadically used coacoa butter, Alli, but by and large I'm just genetically blessed. The only stretch marks I've ever had in my entire life are on my thighs from a growth spurt in high school when I grew 8 inches in a year. (5'0" to 5'8" my sophomore year, yay puberty!)

I've been called variations of "lucky bitch" most of my pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Ready for some prego pictures... we can flaunt your "lucky bitch" syndrome to a larger audience. Ha Ha

I really hope you don't get sick by the way. or at least not as sick.