CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Santa Claus is the devil.

I'm married to Santa Claus. Did you know this? No really, I am. For the children of my mother-in-law's daycare, my husband, A, really IS Santa Claus. As he gears up for his yearly jaunt with strangers' children on his lap, it brings back memories of my own encounters with Santa at the Ames store my mom took us to every year.

I never trusted Santa. I was never a fan of excess celebrations, or the notion of grown adults in costumes. Santa always made me uneasy, but not quite so much as the Easter Bunny, who did not talk, and whom I was more than aware was an adult in a furry costume. I felt the same mistrust toward Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and company when I went to Disneyworld. Probably why today the notion of furries is so disturbing to me.

But anyway, years later as an adult myself, it's nice to know that I wasn't the only one ill at ease with Santa. With that, I now present the best that Google image searching has to offer...










Yeah, so from my family to yours... merry Christmas.

0 comments: