CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Newsflash: Spawn a celebrity, neglect responsibility, become a martyr!

Okay. I'm just going to warn everyone now. If you're going to read this blog and then get all pissy and offended and tell me I'm insensitive, move along. It's nothing I haven't heard before, so don't waste your time.

That being said, DAMN I am tired of hearing about Kanye West's mother and her death as a result (allegedly) of botched plastic surgery. It's everywhere. It's on Dr. Phil right now as I speak. It's on TMZ and Perez Hilton and my mother even talks about it. MY MOTHER. That is when you know it's permeated the media in a profound way -- my mom actually knows about it. I'm frankly tired of hearing about it.

But Prego, you might be thinking, that's wrong! That poor woman died! Her son is crushed! This is very very sad and blah blah blah!

Yeah, okay. She died. That's unfortunate. She seemed like a great woman when I saw her on TV, and she was a beloved mother, friend, aunt, whatever. She could have cured cancer and rescued millions of kittens from a meteor. Great woman, very sad tragedy. I get it. But what I don't get is why nobody in the media is putting ANY sort of responsibility on Ms. West herself.

So the doctor she went to has had a history of medical malpractice and alcohol problems. Yep, pretty darn shady. So he's got all these cases of women scarred, deformed and "ruined" from his procedures, his interpersonal skills suck, and maybe he likes to fart in the car with the windows up and the heat on. He's a bad man. Okay. So why, WHY would Ms. West go to such a doctor without consulting... oh, I don't know, his medical history? Wouldn't it be wise to look into the person that's going to be, you know, SLICING YOU UP? I don't even trust the girl in the McDonald's drive-thru handing me my double cheeseburger, let alone a doctor that is going to be taking a knife to my flesh. You research shit like that. It's what grown-ups do.

Furthermore, before going to Dr. Shady, Ms. West had been advised by, ya know, GOOD doctors not to go through with the surgery because of cardiac issues. Should've been a red flag to probably not have surgery. But no, she was so driven by her own vanity and selfishness that she HAD to have the surgery done RIGHT NOW, regardless of who was doing said surgery. And instead of going to a responsible medical professional, she went to this guy, who obviously had no problem operating on a woman whom other doctors did not feel comfortable performing surgery on.

And now she's dead.

Like I said, it's sad. It's unfortunate and tragic whenever anyone dies, regardless of the reason, because it's tragic to someone. I'm not sitting here mocking Kanye West for losing his mom. I'm not mocking anything, actually. I'm just being the voice of reason here -- she made a choice to go to a doctor, without researching his medical history (or maybe with it, and still chose to go forward), and then died as a result of shoddy plastic surgery. PLASTIC SURGERY -- an elective surgery that nobody was putting a gun to her head to have done.

But you know... if you can spawn a celebrity out of your crotch that actually likes you, rather than suing you for bad management and money embezzling or whatever... you don't need to be held accountable for your decisions, even if they might result in you dying.

That being said.... flame on.

1 comments:

Cookie said...

THANK YOU.
I don't know why people don't think about these things.

On a separate note, I found your blog while procrastinating during exams... and I absolutely love it. Keep up the good work!

-Alli