CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tag

Check it out, a week straight of posting! And to celebrate, instead of throwing my usual tantrum at such things, I'm going to oblige to Tiffany's tag. I'm honored that people actually remember me, especially awesome people who I'd smile politely at from across the horseshoe organization of desks in class while we were forced to talk about our feelings. Ahh, COM class, eh, Tiffany? ANYWAY! On with the tag!


1.) I met my husband by asking, admittedly very embarrassed, for him to help me move a rolling ladder at the large retail clothing store we worked at on my first day. He showed me where to kick a little lever that released the brake, and I introduced myself, saying, "I really hope you don't remember me as the retarded chick that couldn't work a ladder."

2.) I'm obsessive about keeping the bathroom clean. I scour the entire bathroom, tub, sink, toilet, floors... every other day. The smell of bleach and Ajax makes me very high. And happy... probably happy because I'm high. Shut up, don't judge me.

3.) I freak out over wet paper. I think it's disgusting and it gives me the willies, especially wet newspaper. Punky is never allowed to play with paper because it inevitably goes in her mouth, requiring me to retrieve it. And that just isn't happening. My child would probably choke before I summoned up the courage to get it out of her mouth.

4.) Dirty feet gross me out, especially in bed. I scrub my feet in the bathtub (which also must be clean) before I go to bed every night. Even if they're more or less clean anyway. It's part of my nighttime ritual.

5.) In junior high, my gifted English class had a two-month project where each member of the class was a business in a town and we functioned as a small town each class. I wanted to be the fashion store. I was assigned the town newspaper. I was livid, but it quite possibly set things in motion for my future as a writer and my love of journalism.

6.) My husband is nearly incapable of being anywhere on time, so all appointments on our calendar I write 30 minutes earlier than what they actually are. We're still usually late.

7.) I keep a pack of Parliament cigarettes under my driver's seat in my car. I don't smoke regularly, and I've never been a regular smoker, but sometimes you just want to take a long drive and smoke a cigarette. On Sunday nights we order pizza from Pizza Hut and I always offer to go pick it up, and I stand in the Pizza Hut parking lot and smoke a cigarette before I pick up the pizza. It's my moment of Mommy Zen.

I don't know that I even know seven people who'd actually do this. So I'm going to be a dick and not tag anyone. But there ya go.

1 comments:

T i f f a n y said...

Ah! I'm so happy you played along :) That COM class was such a biatch. I'm glad our college days are behind us!