CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And now a shameless plug.

You may or may not have noticed, but my parenting style is a little "off the beaten path" in terms of baby nursery music (she dozes off to Nine Inch Nails at night), child nicknaming (Punk) and theme selections (punk rock skulls, hot pink and black plaid, etc.). So combine that with the fact that I get extremely bored and stircrazy, and the end result is me sewing a lot of stuff and creating my own Etsy store.

And so, I announce the opening of my very own store...



Punk E. Laine. Conventional necessities for the unconventional baby.

Right now I'm specializing in crib sets, and currently moving into baby car seat covers:


(a current prototype I'm working on, currently being tweaked before hitting the store)...

And probably clothes eventually. The Etsy baby market is pretty much swarming with baby clothes, though, so that'll be later, once I get rolling on everything else. But yeah. There ya go. Go buy my stuff, plzkthx.

7 comments:

MamaSigi said...

Congratulations! Punky is so lucky to have her mama's new business named after her. The crib set is very cute. Do you think you'll have non-pink things too? I have two little boys.
As for Nine Inch Nails...my kids have rocked out to AC/DC since they were small.

How2In6 said...

Caroline -- absolutely, I'm all for non-pink and custom-made stuff. I just started with pink, since this was my first venture into this, so that if it blew up in my face and sucked, hey, new crib set for Punk. :)

(Punky's also a fan of Metallica thanks to her Auntie S.)

MamaSigi said...

Have you seen the Rockabye Baby CDs? I send them to my preggo friends. They we have copies of their AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Cold Play and Beatles versions of lullabies. But they also have Metallica and NIN. Not as great as the originals but I found that my folks and in laws didn't give me grief when the kids stayed with them because it was a soothing version of You shook me all night long instead of the original. Their enter Sandman version rocks.

How2In6 said...

Yes, that's actually what we have! I've been on the lookout for Zepplin; my husband runs a used record store and he's on high alert to nap any Rockabye Baby CDs that come in. I love those!

Danni said...

I'm with Caroline, more blue/green/orange/whatever please. Also argyle. I'm totally rainbow for argyle. And as far as good music for kids, we're firm believers that if you instill them with good taste from early on, you won't get stuck listening to them blast ICP when they're 14 and annoying.

MamaSigi said...

If you end up needing a copy of Zepplin let me know. I think my husband ripped our version to our family website last year when we went to visit grandma and I forgot our CD. My eldest cracks me up with his musical choices. They range from the Spiderman Theme song, to Pirate sea-chanties to the CCR verion of Proud Mary. For some reason he refuses to believe that the Tina Turner version is the "Real Rolling on the River". I usually burn the kids a cd for their birthdays of songs that they have started to really enjoy that are really for grownups. I can only handle so much of "kids music" before I want to vomit. The only problem is making sure that the lyrics are clean enough at times. When I was preggo he really liked Eminem but I can't play that now. And I love Puddle of Mudd but I can't have them singing she F**king Hates me from the tops of their lungs...at least not until they're 10.

Danni said...

Aw, let em sing it! My kids learned really early on that words sung in songs can be used while singing the song and not at other times. My 8 year old adores that song by Lady Sovereign, 'love me or hate me.' I think it's mostly b/c she loves the UK accent that chick has...